Jeff Bezos (né Jorgensen) — the billionaire with odd-sized eyes, CEO and co-founder of the extremely lucrative Amazon.com, and owner of The Washington Post — recently announced that on July 20, he will travel to space on his company Blue Origin’s first passenger flight. The suborbital flight in the New Shepard will travel to an altitude of more than 340,000 feet. (Fox News)
This is the same billionaire Bezos who:
- Like other billionaires (George Soros, Michael Bloomberg, Carl Icahn), paid nothing in federal income taxes. ProPublica discovered that in 2011, with a then-net worth of $18 billion, Bezos not only paid no federal income tax, he had the gall to file for and received a $4,000 tax credit for his children, although households with over $100,000 in joint income weren’t eligible to receive the credit. (yahoo!news)
- Amazon’s obsessive focus on speed comes at a huge cost to its employees, who had to urinate in plastic bottles instead of taking restroom breaks. According to a report from the Strategic Organizing Center, a labor union coalition, Amazon has a much higher warehouse injury rate than its competitors:
- There were 6.5 injuries per 100 full time employees at U.S. Amazon warehouses in 2020 compared to 4 injuries per 100 employees at all non-Amazon warehouses.
- The Amazon injury rate was also more than twice as high as Walmart, its largest retail competitor.
- Amazon workers are injured more frequently than elsewhere in the warehouse sector, they are also injured more severely. Last year, there were 5.9 serious injuries per 100 Amazon warehouse workers that resulted in them missing work completely, nearly 80% higher than the wider warehouse industry.
The above, and more, no doubt prompted Jose Ortiz to create an online petition to deny Bezos’ space flight from returning to Earth.
Jeff Bezos is actually Lex Luthor, disguised as the supposed owner of a super successful online retail store. However, he’s actually an evil overlord hellbent on global domination.
As of the writing of this post, the petition has garnered 17,008 signatures. To sign, go here. LOL